We finish up the book of Psalms today as we read Psalms 145-150.
This book is full of faithful inspiration, raw emotion and feelings, encouragement, worship, and praise centered on God, our Lord, our Maker, our Savior. We find so many applicable, real and beautiful words we can apply to our own prayers as we go through the ups and downs of life.
Psalm 150 sends us out with a charge to praise God and worship Him EVERYWHERE, in EVERY WAY, EVERY SINGLE DAY. This is the heart of nurturing an everyday faith.
"Everything that has breath..." That's me. That's you too.
God wants to hear from us...
How do you praise God?
Here's a few acts of praise that come to my mind...I praise God when I...
- say "thank You, God" for His many wonders and works as I go through my day.
- sing to God (now I do NOT claim it sounds pretty because I am far from a singer, but that's when I turn up some worship and praise music on my radio or iPod. His Radio has contemporary Christian music that makes you want to sing and dance!)
- read and study His Word
- spend quite time talking and listening to God
- worship Him with other believers
- follow His call to serve
- act on Christ's love by sharing it
- What else???
A prayer for today-
Thank You for being gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. Thank You for being so good to all, including me.
All Your works praise You.
Forgive me, Lord, for I know I fall short of Your will when I ______________.
Make my heart, my mouth, and my actions full of Your praise. Help my life be a reflection of Your faithfulness and grace. Keep me on Your path, Lord. Show me new ways to glorify You.
I especially pray for ______________ who need You to uphold them and lift them up.
Let everything that has breath praise You!
In Jesus' name I pray,
Grace and peace of Christ,